Monday, November 23, 2009

A Week without Sunday in Kuchxng - Day 6 Part A

10/10/2009

I permit you to skip this post. Do your skipping rope, starting...now!

Mission to visit to the museum was continued by Seng Ching and I only. We went to the Sarawak Museum to check the rest of the museums around there. But the natural history and art gallery was closed. So we walked to the textile Museum situation opposite the post office.

3 things I want to share with you. Yes, only 3. Just for your knowledge. (Fine...I know many of you would skip this part...)

(a) The earliest textile discovered was at Gua Niah, back in 40,000 years ago. I accidentally left it there during my last reincarnation.

(b) Scarf wore by olden Muslims in Sarawak were so much prettier with embroideries and shinny bits. Nowadays? Sigh...all I could say is to plead Datuk Bernard Chandra should really work with Jimmy Choo to really bring up the high fashion we once had.

(c) I found a picture of Renee Margaret (Charles Brooke's wife)!

(d) Ibanese traditional threads are made of wild ginger, palm, salt and oil.

(e) There was a picture of a Melanau man who looked like me.

(f) All the mannequin has beautiful hair but ugly-punched face, except for one which looks like Aishwarya Rai. I almost tip my toes to kill her lips since no one was around.


Done. We left for Satok Market or known as the Tamu Market. Main roads and lanes are packed with stalls built in tents. Items sold ranges from vegetables, sea products, snacks to even pets like dogs, fishes and flowers (Aunty Lucy taught me to treat a plant like a pet). Bought some souvenirs from there.


Done. Got back to the city, I went to the Greenhill Corner hawker centre alone. I must taste the chicken rice from this shop graded with a C in its hygiene (ops...) before leaving Kuching. The chicken rice stall is run by a Malay, it costs 4 bucks but taste way better than the Nasi Ayam Penyet at Nori 10 (I feel like doing the same to that lady like how she penyetkan the ayam). By the way, they used pickled cucumber instead of fresh ones! Yummy!

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment