Monday, October 12, 2009

A Week Without Sunday in Kuching - Prelude

My six-day experience living as an East Malaysian has finally ended two days ago when the plane touches the LCCT airport. Thank you for welcoming my victorious returning. Before going deeper into stories of my daily activities spent there with Seng Ching and Wendy, I thought I might just share a little 'introduction' on our trip.

We have 6 days to travel. Thus, we planned to go away from the city alternately on the third, third and fifth day, while the second, fourth and sixth will be on city tour on our own.

Like I said before, we are not so much interested in tourist spots. We want something natural and original other than watching performances. Instead of joining a large group, we have decided to go places on our own. However, transport in the Kuching division is very underdeveloped. Travel to a place itself would take us a day even it's only a half an hour drive from the city.

We stayed in a place called the B&B Inn (B&B stands for bed and breakfast), which is the only lisense hostel for backpackers. There are lots of unlicensed Inn around like Borneo B&B which is few shops down the road. We were arranged at its new wing called Fendy's Lodge located at the next street, and the shop house is fully air-conditioned, with facilities like television, DVD player, refrigerator and water heater. We were charged 18 bucks per day for a room.

We traveled quite a few places, the famous ones including Fort Margherita, Bako National Park, Semengoh Wildlife Centre, a variety of Sarawak museums, authentic Bidayuh longhouse and many more interesting places. I will explain one by and one according to our daily schedule.

Of course, we wouldn't want to miss good food, especially the traditional ones here. Pictures of every meal here were snapped with my personal 'commentaries', helping you to make decision where and where not to go to if you've got any chance to visit that land.

One thing about men in Kuching - whether the locals or bagpackers - they like to smoke! Somehow, I have learned to adapt different types of tobacco smells. At least I have learned that living in this world, when things are not going according to our likings, we have to learn to adapt it. Though it might be harmful, it's not long term. So just bear with it.

So, that's all for now. Bear with me for the next 2 months or so for you will be reading my travel guide in Kuching. In fact, you should be thankful that I am sharing precious information without charging a cent! You won't get to read this elsewhere unless the money-minded side of me decided to publish my experience for sale (and the possibility is high...).

今天坐火车(回家乡时)的站长很帅!清洁员工们也很。。(痉挛)。。勤。。勤。。勤劳。

No comments:

Post a Comment